AAUW Alhambra-San Gabriel Branch Scholarship
• Student/students enrolled in Science, Engineering, Technology, and Math as these students will be full-time ELAC students having already completed 24 credits, focusing on Female student/students
• GPA of 2.0 or Higher
• 500-WORD Essay on the Subject: How My Education Will Enable me to Give Back to My Community
• Graduates of the following high schools only- Alhambra, Gabrielino, Mark Keppel, Ramona Convent Secondary School, Schurr, Montebello, San Gabriel, San Gabriel Mission, South Pasadena.
Alhambra-San Gabriel Branch of AAUW was founded in 1944.
Our Vision is Simple: We bring people together for the common goal of breaking through educational and economic barriers for women and girls.
Our Mission is Sound: Advancing equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research.
In principle and in practice, AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or class.
Access Important Resources: $3.7 million annually in fellowships, grants, and awards that encourage educational and professional development, as well as resources for members facing employment challenges; networking and mentoring opportunities for professional and personal growth, in person and online; relevant and timely information on issues impacting women and girls through our research, magazine, and action briefings, all available with exclusive member benefits and discounts; and the chance to build lifelong relationships with like minded women.
Instructions for Payment via check:
• Please make checks payable to East Los Angeles College Foundation.
• Please make sure you write in the memo line "For AAUW Alhambra-San Gabriel Branch Scholarship".
• Mail the check to:
East Los Angeles College Foundation
1301 Avenida Cesar Chavez
Monterey Park, CA 91754