ELAC Incubator – Powered by OmniWorks™
ESTEC™ LA Incubator – Powered by OmniWorks™ brings a comprehensive suite of professional business development programs to ELAC students and local entrepreneurs at the East LA Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation. This is the first incubator program of its kind for the East Los Angeles region. Our Mission is to accelerate startup and growth-phase minority, women, veteran, formerly incarcerated, and LGBTQIA owned business in the communities of East Los Angeles.
ESTEC™ LA Incubator delivers resources that include contemporary business curricula, entrepreneur workshop intensives, equitable access to markets and capital, high-touch mentorship, co-work space, financial and legal guidance, and certification to improve small business access to corporate and government supply chains.
*ELAC courses are for credit. Upon completion of the incubator, all participants will receive Certificate of Completion.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE:
- The ELAC Incubator program is recruiting women, minority, veteran, formerly incarcerated, and LGBTQIA aspiring/existing student and community-based entrepreneurs who are in a startup/pre-product or growth phase with a viable business idea and growth potential.
- Alignment with key California growth industry sectors (logistics, advanced manufacturing, robotics, drone technology, alternative energy, digital media, engineering, hospitality, small business enterprise) is preferred.
- Entrepreneurs must conduct, or plan to conduct, business in communities within the East LA College service area. The program is offered at no cost.
- Enrollment in courses (Business Management, Marketing, and Interpersonal Skills Workshops) is mandatory.
HOW IT WORKS
The Boot Camp is designed to assist early-stage and aspiring entrepreneurs vet their business ideas and learn how to think like an entrepreneur.
- Business Management
- Small Business Entrepreneurship
- Sustainable Business Planning
- Live Plan Platform Workshop
- Identifying Market and Target Need
- Principles in Marketing – Digital Marketing
- Legal Obligations and Operational Systems
- Sales Funnel, Costing Revenue, Cash Flow,
- Accounting, Procurement
- Quick Books Workshop
- Personal Finance & Investments
- Waging Effective Crowd Funding Campaigns
- Co-work space (includes office supplies and equipment)
- Accounting Services
- Legal Review & Roadmap
- Ongoing Business Plan Evaluation
- Consultation on Financial Projections
- Weekly Meetings w/Executive Staff and Faculty Advisors
- Monthly Meeting w/Executive Mentors
- Getting Capital Ready
- Product/Service Pitch Preparation
- Pitch Day w/Executive & Funder Feedback
- Diversity Certification (where applicable)