EAST LOS ANGELES COLLEGE (ELAC) is now in its 74th year of service, continuing its mission of transforming the lives of students in the eastern Los Angeles area through education and career opportunities.
- EAST LOS ANGELES COLLEGE (ELAC) is now in its 74th year of service, continuing its mission of transforming the lives of students in the eastern Los Angeles area through education and career opportunities.
- One of the largest Community Colleges in California with over 60,000 students enrolled annually.
- ELAC continues to increase the number of graduates and awarded 2,171 degrees, 1,481 certificates, 2,086 skill certificates in 2017-2018.
- In 2017-18, the college transferred 323 students to the University of California and 1,204 students to the California State University system.
- ELAC has a 79.4% admit rate to the University of California and ranks 13th for transfer to the University of California.
- ELAC ranks #2 nationally out of the top 100 community colleges in the country for Hispanics by Hispanic Outlook on Education.
- Ranked 58th in the nation and #6 in California by Washington Monthly magazine’s 2018 “Best Two-Year Colleges for Adult Learners."
The Campaign for College Opportunity named ELAC a 2018 Champion for Higher Education for “Growth in Associate Degrees for Transfer Awarded.”
Awarded over 2 million dollars in scholarships in the last decade.
- Home to the First Incubator and Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation (CEI) for women, veterans, minorities, the formerly incarcerated, and members of the LGBTQIA community in the East and Southeast Los Angeles Regions
- A 95,000 square foot Mathematics and Science Complex and a 26,000 square foot Physics and Earth Sciences building hosting vibrant STEM programs, including a STEM cohort for incoming students, several National Science Foundation grants, and a math lab.
- Ranked No. 4 in the nation by the American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges (AMATYC) Math Competition, with one student in the top 20.
- Commitment to expanding educational opportunities in the Eastside communities, offering more than 240 classes at local high schools, middle schools, and community sites in areas such as engineering, administration of justice, and Chicano studies.
- Home to the Vincent Price Art Museum making it one of the only community colleges with an on-campus museum, which features signature art collection and hosts over ten exhibits per year.
- ELAC offers one of the best Nursing Programs in CA. Over 70% of California, nurses received their education at a Community College comparable to ELAC
- For every dollar you invest to get students in and through college, the state’s economy receives a $3 net return on investment.
- $1.6M is the average lifetime earnings of a graduate with an associate degree, $400,000 more than for a high school graduate.